“I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.” – Maya Angelou
Tired of not having enough?
I’ve said it before.
I’ll say it again.
You want more – you shed.
Give. Give. Give.
Look around your life and see where you have more than you absolutely need.
More than one yellow top? Give one away.
More than one cheese grater? Give one away.
More than one dollar? Give one away.
ANY time I want to see more money start flowing towards me, I start looking for things to give away; money, things, food, time, support, attention – anything. Always, ALWAYS, does the actual money start flowing again. If you’ve never tried it, now’s the time. The best time is when it’s hard to give, when you feel like you’ll run out. You’ll reverse your scarcity thinking and get back into flow mode.
Here are some of my favourite ways to give:
- Feng Shui – I mean it. Really don’t have more ¨stuff¨ than you actually need.
- Offer your skills.
- Donate to charity.
- Find a cause – I care about consciousness raising and so get behind people and organizations that do just that.
- Give blood. If you can. I’m anaemic so last time I gave blood, it didn’t go so well. But if you can, you should.
- Listen to someone’s problem. It’s not a nuisance. It’s a great opportunity to give.
- Mentor someone that wants to learn what you know.
- Run to raise money. You may not have money but you have legs. And people without legs have completed charity runs even. So can you.
For more ideas, see Huff Post, Real Simple and others’ ways of giving back:
Would love to get more ideas – from YOU!
¨No one has ever become poor by giving.¨- Anne Frank